Lakeside Baptist Academy

Address: 
3410 Glen Rose Hwy, Granbury, TX 76048

OUR PHILOSOPHY

Lakeside Baptist Academy is founded on the philosophy that parental involvement is fundamental to a child’s success in life and that this involvement can be enhanced through a partnership and collaboration with trained, gifted teachers. By combining the individual strengths of both parents and teachers to function as the “body of Christ,” the students will benefit from a broader scope of educational and spiritual opportunities.

HISTORY OF LBA

In November of 2007, the Church Council of Lakeside Baptist church voted unanimously to start Lakeside Baptist Academy to be a ministry of the church and under its umbrella of protection.  We began with about 30 students and a faculty of 8 that had a whopping budget of about $15,000.  This year we will have over 100 students and a budget over $260,000.  We are a self-supported ministry of Lakeside which means we must generate what it costs to run our school.  The partnership has been a win-win for the church and school.  LBA is a unique ministry in that there really isn’t any other school quite like us out there. Our student body and faculty come from all around the surrounding Hood  County area.  We have families that attend LBA from Aledo, Benbrook, Tolar, Lipan, Weatherford, Walnut Springs, Glen Rose and Nemo.

LBA is set up much like college classes where you attend M/W/F or T/Th.  We simply attend school Tuesday-Thursday, and Mondays and Fridays the kids are home doing homework from home.  All our teachers are degreed and most are certified teachers.  While students do have to pay to attend, they soon realize that we are a bargain and very affordable compared to other private school.